Triphase Distributed Power System (DPS)
The Triphase Distributed Power System (DPS) product range realizes a scalable, flexible and open platform for rapid prototyping and power-hardware-in-the-loop testing of power conversion and power system applications. Target applications include AC and DC (micro)grids, motor drives, battery storage, battery testing and many more. The DPS product range includes power amplifiers, power converters and power measurements complemented by signal processing units and software libraries for high-end, real-time control. Triphase solutions are open and fully (re)programmable, allowing them to be tailored to your specific needs.
The figure below illustrates the overall DPS system architecture. It consists of powerful PC-based control units that connect over a high-speed real-time network with a wide variety of Triphase PMx power amplifiers, inverter stacks and power sensors. The Triphase system architecture is open and provides real-time interfaces towards third-party systems such as OPAL-RT real-time simulators.
- Power electronics control over network: The 250 Mbit/s DPS optical real-time network lies at the heart of all Triphase systems. All DPS power modules, inverter stacks and sensors have a high-speed real-time DPS network interface. Sensors communicate their measurements via the DPS network to a central, PC-based control unit, also called a DPS real-time target (RTT). The RTT processes all measurements and runs all control algorithms. Actuator settings are communicated over the DPS network to the power modules and inverter stacks. This enables the creation of distributed hardware setups with behavior synchronized down to the nanosecond level.
- PC-Based power electronics control: The DPS real-time target (RTT) runs all algorithms, ranging from low-level current and voltage controls to top-level user interfaces. It is a "soft-DSP", a soft-PLC and an operator station all at once.
- Open-data, open-software architecture: Triphase DPS solutions feature an open-data architecture and are fully reprogrammable. Users have access to all measurement data and actuator settings. The RTT is fully reprogrammable.
- Wide range of sensors and actuators: Triphase DPS supports access to a wide range of power modules, inverter stacks and current and voltage sensors. Triphase supports 3rd-party components from established manufacturers as well as own designs.
- Ready-to-use software for common applications: In order to kickstart development, Triphase offers a wide range of toolboxes that help users to quickly implement the application software they need. For common applications, such as motor drives, grid coupling, grid and battery emulation, Triphase offers applications that can be used out-of-the-box. Triphase supports its customers through training, software customization services and online support.
Any information herein is believed to be reliable. however, Triphase assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Triphase reserves the right to change the document and the products described without notice. All logos, trademarks and service marks are the property of the respective third parties.